If you’re only targeting vehicles four or five years old and newer for a buyback offer, how many opportunities are you missing out on? Here are insights into the used car inventory on Dealer Lots:
- Expanding your criteria to seven to ten-year-old vehicles can dramatically increase your universe for potential buybacks.
- This graph combines the last 3 years of traded-in vehicles: 2019 – 2021
- These numbers show the used vehicles that were first posted for sale on dealers’ lots across the country. This includes both franchises and independents.
- Typically, these are the vehicles that someone has traded in when purchasing another vehicle.
- The graph shows that the 2 most recent model years (2020 & 2021) have relatively low trade-ins Source: Xcelerated Data® I Sold It™ file (compiled daily)